4.9.09

Aluminium foil canvases: tutorial

That is an easy technique, which produces beautiful art for children. You can see the pictures in my previous post here.

Material needed
  • aluminium sheet (from a stationary shop or shop with hobby stuff)
  • canvas
  • acrylic colors
  • a pair of scissors
  • sandpaper
  • sharp paper-knife
  • hot glue
  • colored ribbons or other embellishments



Step one: We choose our pattern. If the pattern is "easy", without many details for example, our work will be easy. We could choose a butterfly pattern for a start.
Step two: We draw the pattern on the aluminium sheet. If drawing is not our space, we can transfer the pattern on the sheet with carbon paper. I did it simply pushing my pen hard on the lines.

Step three: We cut carefully around the pattern.

Step four: We sandpaper the edges of the pattern and with the same light sandpaper we can do some light lines on our pattern.

Step five: With a  pronged paper knife we do dots to underline the pattern and we paint it, if we want. (I didn't haha... ).The suggested colors are glass colors or window colors. We could use colored glitter and atlacol, too.
 
  
Step six: We glue the pattern on a prepainted canvas and ... here we are!! (The canvas shown is one of my little girl's paintings :)
 
Some other projects with the same technique (copper sheet instead of aluminium):

 
 
If you found this post interesting, please, leave me a comment!

2 σχόλια:

  1. Love your girly things! I hope I manage to post this comment ok, as the buttons are in Greek!! Thank you for your comments on my blog!

    Wendy - www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Hello
    You are so talented! I love all the lovely girly things you have been making! It seems like your little daughter is following in your footsteps too lol.
    Thank-you for leaving me such a lovely comment on my blog, I havnt been well recently which is why it has taken me a while to reply, and your lovely words really cheered me up!
    Have a good weekend
    Claire x

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή